Sunday 29 December 2013

Soft Kitty Please

I have no idea how I managed to make it through the freezing Christmas Markets on hardly any sleep, working throughout the night on orders, then eating an appalling diet without getting so much as a sniffle, yet give me a relaxed and restful few days and I develop one of the worst colds of my life.

Whatever the backwards reasoning is behind it I have found myself looking and feeling a complete state so thought I would share a few of my favourite products to help deal with it all.

Whenever I get a cold I can guarantee that all the nose blowing will result in a glowing nose and cupids bow that finally becomes so dry it scabs over - this can take weeks to recover and I am left with a moustache scab once the cold has subsided.  To combat this I have taken to smothering my nose is good old Nivea, then at night I go for a stronger option of Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate.  For the lips I am using a combination of Kiehls Lip Balm and coldsore cream to keep the cracks and dryness at bay.

To ease congestion, headaches and other yukiness associated with having a cold I, like everyone else sip regular Lemsips but sweeten them up with a spoon of sugar and a shot of rum.  I have no idea if it helps but my 93 year old Grandad does it so can't hurt eh?!

Finally if all else fails, get in bed, find someone to rub Vaporub onto you and get them to sing Soft Kitty.
 

Michelle x




No comments:

Post a Comment