Saturday 18 January 2014

Proper Tea at Manchester Cathedral

I'm always on the look out for cute and quirky new places in Manchester to try out, so when an occasion arose that required some kind of food, I didn't hesitate in searching for somewhere that fit the bill.  I have no idea how I hadn't noticed Proper Tea before with it being right in the centre of Manchester, but until I stumbled across a blog review it was sadly unknown to me.  Fortunately I found it, and now it has become one of my favourite spots for tea and cake.

A group of four of us went on a Saturday afternoon and decided on Afternoon Tea for all.  We ordered three and I have to say this was a case of eyes being bigger than our bellies, one would easily satisfy two people and probably still have some cake left over for doggy bags.

Afternoon Tea included an array of the most sumptuous cakes and sweet treats, a couple of savory nibbles and finished off with your choice of tea.  I chose the Breakfast Tea because I'm a bit of a bore and like a good brew, but for the more adventurous they do an array of other blends.  Overall the atmosphere, surroundings, staff, tea and more importantly cakes were all fantastic, the only element I would change would be to have some chutney/relish to go with the savory selection (I envisage it in a miniature glass pot with a tartan lid.)

If you haven't already head over to Proper Tea and break any new years diet resolutions!

Michelle x





Top Photo From TeaCup Kitchen

2 comments: